IoT Lab has been established by the eponym European research project to develop a collaborative lab bringing together international experts in the IoT domain from the industry and research community. It has been headquartered
in Geneva, at the Biotech Campus, next to the international organizations and global standards development organizations such as the ITU, ISO and IEC.
IoT Lab serves as an entry point and interface with the research and innovation community to address demands from:
- Companies and industry, including banks and insurances;
- Cities, municipalities and public administrations.
The IoT Lab aims at:
- Promoting international cooperation in the research domain;
- Supporting and taking part in collaborative research and development activities;
- Developing and maintaining a shared research and testbed infrastructure, including the IoT Lab platform of Testbed as a Service;
- Supporting transfer and exploitation of research results to standardization, sustainable development, and market adoption;
- Promoting the use of the resources and expertise of its members.
Through its members, IoT Lab gathers and mutualize complementary expertise in:
- Internet of Things, including multi-protocol integration, interoperability, scalable platforms, etc.
- Personal data protection and GDPR compliance, including data protection by design, DPIA, DPO services, etc.
- Cybersecurity, including ISO/IEC 27001 expertise
- Network technologies, including 5G, IPv6, SDF, NFV, dynamic network slicing, etc.
- Sustainable development, including Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Standardization and interoperability
- Outreach and communication