Conference on SLICES Pan-European Research Infrastructure for Digital Innovation & Transformation – Swiss Cluster Event
Would you like to discover…
- How to access to the largest European research infrastructure for your research?
- How Swiss researchers can join and take part in research cooperation?
- New opportunities for Swiss researchers to collaborate with European peers?
- Innovative research infrastructure for future technologies?
- How to reinforce collaboration at the Swiss and European level through the Slices initiative?
SLICES is a flexible platform designed to support large-scale, experimental research focused on networking protocols, radio technologies, services, data collection, parallel and distributed computing and in particular cloud and edge-based computing architectures and services.
The SLICES H2020 project is delighted to invite you to a one-day online Swiss workshop on the SLICES Pan-European Infrastructure for ICT on October 6th, from 9-17 CET.
Join us, and be part of the discussion!
9:00 SLICES PAN-EUROPEAN RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE FOR ICT OVERVIEW
- Sébastien Ziegler, President of IoT Lab and IoT Forum
- Anna Fill, Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation
- Elena Hoffert, French Ministry of Superior Education and Research
- Ana Proykova, Chair of DIGIT Group, European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI)
- Serge Fdida, Sorbonne University
10:00 NEW FRONTIERS FOR RESEARCH
Some scientific challenges addressed by SLICES
- Ari Pottu, Oulu University
- Bartosz Belter, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
- Andrea Passarella, Institute for informatics and telematics (IIT) – CNR
- Yuri Demchenko, University of Amsterdam
11:00 Coffee break
11:30 SLICES OPPORTUNITIES AND ADDED VALUE FOR SWISS RESEARCHERS
Joining the community and opportunities for Swiss researchers
12 :30 Lunch break
14 :00 SWISS OPPORTUNITIES AND ADDED VALUE FOR SLICES
Swiss Research Infrastructures Overview
- Dimitri Konstantas, University of Geneva
- Jan Kerschgens, EPFL Center for Intelligent Systems
- Laurent Sciboz, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
15:00 THE WAY FORWARD AND ACTION PLAN
Open discussion on priority action for the Swiss cluster
16:00 CONCLUSION AND NEXT STEPS